Provisional 2021 NSW/ACT/QLD/SA Interschool Snowsports Events Schedule
Snow Australia Interschools and our NSW & VIC Resort Partners – Perisher, Thredbo and Falls Creek, are pleased to confirm our 2021 NSW / ACT / QLD / SA Events Schedule.
2020 has been a year like no other, and over the past weeks we have strongly worked together to ensure that we are well placed to restart our Interschool Snowsports Events in late June 2021.
Throughout 2021, Snow Australia will continue to place the safety, health and well-being of our competitors, volunteers, parents and school communities as its prime focus. Together with our Resort partners, we are committed to closely monitor the directives from governments, and the recommendations and policies of school systems and health authorities with regard to any possible environment of constant change and challenge due to Covid-19.
The 2021 winter-season for Interschools will see:
- The earliest July School Holiday Interschools Event period for many years, being 2021 winter-season weeks 3 & 4 and commencing Monday 28th June.
- A structured and covid-safe race operations base, and on-snow racecourse arena, with an event focus on fun, participation and friendly competition at all levels.
- A move to weekday only events for Interschool Snowsports Championships moving forward.
- The introduction of a 4th NSW Regional Area – the South-West NSW Region, where we will partner with South Australia Snowsports and Falls Creek to collectively host the 2021 South Australian + South-West NSW Interschool Championships in mid-July.
- Regular, clear and factual communication with our highly valued School Coordinators as we plan through the coming 8-month period in an evolving environment.
- A commitment from Snow Australia Interschools to increase our connection to the schools community through Snowsports on-line forums and education pieces on Snowsports developments.
- The launch of a new on-line Course Officials Training Course, along with a new Interschools Website in the first quarter of 2021.
- A return of the Snow Australia Community Sports Awards in November 2021.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Australian Snowy Mountains Region in 2021.
Snow Australia has published the Year 12 2020 Interschool Snowsports Honour Roll to acknowledge the students who will be finishing their schooling this year and who would have participated in our 2020 Interschool Snowsports events.
360 Year 12 students across Australia missed the opportunity to compete in our events this year due to COVID event cancellations. Many students have competed since Kindergarten and the last 10-12 years.
Certificates have been sent to the schools to acknowledge and award Year 12 students long term Interschool Snowsports participation.
Snow Australia wishes all Honour Roll students the best for 2021 and beyond.
To view the 2020 Year 12 Interschools Snowsports Honour Roll - click here
In collaboration with Snow Australia, The Regatta Shop are excited to offer a range of garments to recognise the contribution to Interschools of students in Year 12 2020. To celebrate their impact on the Interschools Snowsports community through their years of participation, each garment available for purchase features the full list of all 2020 Year 12 students from across Australia.
- The Regatta Shop will cover all shipping costs for Snow Australia Year 12 Interschools Honour Roll Merchandise.
- Orders will be shipped within 3 business days of ordering. Due to the impact on delivery services through CV19, shipping times may be longer than normal.
- There is sizing information on each garment’s page. Please measure and check your sizing before purchase, especially for garments with individual names as we are unable to exchange these for another size.
- For upper body garments sizing refers to the half chest measurement rather than a bust measurement. The half chest measurement is measured across the chest of the garment and is taken an inch below the armpits. For correct sizing it’s best to get a similar style garment that fits, lay it on the table and measure the half chest for comparison to each individual garment’s size chart.
- Please note as above that there will be no exchange for incorrectly sized garments with Individual name printing.
- If you need sizing assistance, please contact The Regatta Shop for help - https://www.theregattashop.com.au/pages/contact-us.
Click Here for the Provisional Event Dates for the 2021 NSW, ACT, QLD Interschool Snowsports Championships.
It is with significant disappointment that Snow Australia Interschools and Perisher announce that the 2020 SUBARU SNOW AUSTRALIA Interschools Event, scheduled to be held from 6th to 12th September, will be cancelled.
Snow Australia Interschools has closely monitored and purposefully embraced COVID-19 requirements and developments since early March. Key changes governing NSW Community Sport COVID-19 operations that were introduced on 16 July, together with rising COVID-19 case numbers in NSW and an increase in the Reported NSW Case Locations (‘Hot-Spots’), will prevent a growing number of eligible participants from NSW schools and locations, travelling and competing with certainty at Perisher in September.
The NSW Office of Sport, Snow Australia Interschools, and Perisher are committed to ensuring that the safety, health and well-being of our Event participants, parents, teachers, volunteers, spectators, workers and mountain communities is of absolute priority. The NSW Office of Sport has appropriately mandated that we:
- Take all reasonable steps to minimise the number of spectators attending community sports events, such as Interschool Snowsports.
- Ensure processes are in place to exclude participants (including spectators and officials) if they have attended any of the reported case locations listed on the NSW Health website, which currently totals 40 NSW locations. In addition, we must also minimise co-mingling of participants from different schools / regions, and ensure any spectators comply with 1.5 metres physical distance and have strategies in place to prevent those spectators from different schools / regions and event timeslots, co-mingling.
One of our major 2020 Event objectives was to host an inclusive NSW / ACT / QLD Community Sports activity in the most challenging of years, however these updated public health guidelines and requirements are not conducive to achieving that outcome.
We sincerely thank our School Coordinators, Participants, Parents, Principals, Volunteers, Workers, Resort Staff, Resort and Mountain Communities for their support and acceptance through this most challenging of years.
We also thank our major sponsors – SUBARU, Travelplan Ski, Altitude Lodge Smiggins, for remaining with us in 2020 and supporting our safety-first approach.
Participants that have already entered the competition will receive a refund of the event entry fee, and this will be processed during the next 7-10 days.
We look forward to an exceptional year of Participation, Fun and Renewal in 2021. We will be back bigger and better than ever, and we are also exploring development of a ‘Post-School’ Event during our August States Event week next year, for our current 2020 Year 12 student cohort and other school-leavers.
THANK YOU from the Snow Australia NSW / ACT / QLD Interschools Management Team
Little Gliders is a brand new participation program that introduces children to Cross-country and Alpine disciplines through game based learning with modified ski equipment.
Please register your interest for Little Gliders at your school or community group by contacting us
CLICK HERE to view the New Interschools Promotional Video.