CLICK HERE for the Race Schedule for the Subaru ACT-Southern NSW Interschools Championships.
CLICK HERE for the Volunteer Course Officials Roster for the Subaru ACT-Southern NSW Interschools Championships.
Volunteer Check In
All Volunteer Course Officials are to check into the Interschools Race Office in the Perisher Skitube Terminal between 7.30am to 9.30am on the day. Volunteers are to meet the Chief of Course at the top of the course 10 minutes prior to the inspection time.
Volunteer Course Officials Lift Tickets
Volunteers are entitled to a free of charge lift ticket on the day they are volunteering. This lift ticket can only be used by the Course Official if they do not already have a lift pass or season pass. Course Official lift tickets are at the Interschools Race Office in the Perisher Skitube Terminal when you check in (as above).
If you are travelling through Bullocks Flat - present yourself to a Perisher staff member near the train entry and tell them that you are a volunteer on the Interschools Course Official Roster. They will let you on the train. Collect your lift tickets from the Interschools Office and your lift tickets includes a return skitube pass.
Course Officials Guidelines & Training
It is very important that Volunteers understand the various Course Officials positions undertaken at Interschools events before they volunteer. We recommend that all Volunteers read the Course Official Guidelines.
What happens if you can no longer volunteer?
In the event that you cannot fulfil your volunteer course official’s position your school must provide a replacement for you to fulfil your role.
For more information on what to expect as a volunteer course official, visit - https://nswinterschools.com.au/volunteer-course-officials
For all volunteer enquires, please contact Wendy on 0422 240 483 or email@example.com
The Interschool’s scholarship is offered to Australian students over 16 participating in the Interschool’s snowsport program.
The scholarship fosters potential new snowsport instructors by offering the opportunity to attend a level one course and exam free of charge.
Two scholarships will be offered based on the applicant's location:
One scholarship for applicants from ACT, NSW or QLD
One scholarship for applicants from VIC, SA or TAS
The successful applicants will be announced at the Australian interschool’s event in September and notified by phone/email.
The fine print:
The participant will be responsible for all other associated costs such as: lift tickets, lunch, accommodation, equipment hire etc.
The scholarship can be for the level one course in alpine, snowboard or nordic disciplines.
For consideration for the scholarship for the following winter season, applications must be received by august 31.
To be eligible applicants must be 15 years of age by June 1 in the application year.
The decision of the board of management is final and we will not enter in to correspondence.
The scholarship will be current for the winter season following the application year only.
Interschools has again partnered with The Regatta Shop to create Merchandise for the Interschools Championships.
Trackpants, Teeshirts, Hoodies, and Zip Tops are now available for purchase online with the competitor names featuring on the back of the tops.
Merchandise is available for the Regional, State and National Championships.
You can view and purchase items at https://www.theregattashop.com.au/pages/the-ski-shop
You can now purchase your Perisher competitor and team manager lift tickets for all of the Interschools events online. Buy early and save. Simply search for your events date(s) to view the prices and order.
If you are a competitor 5 to 14 years, there are no discounted rates on lift tickets. You can purchase lift tickets for a child (5 to 14 years) HERE.
Team mangers tickets are available for single days only.
There is a new fundraising snowsports event in 2018 that supports the Amelia McGuiness Australian Snowsports Development Foundation - entries are now open for the AMASDF NSW Freestyle Junior Series at Thredbo July 29.
This event is part of the NSW Junior Series that is held in Thredbo and Perisher each year. The event provides a great training opportunity for skiers who would like to improve their Interschools mogul skiing, while supporting our emerging athletes. The course is slightly more difficult than a standard Interschools course and is built with two jumps. On-course coaching will be available on the day for any participant who pre-registers. The event is open to anyone who has confidently competed at an Interschools mogul event previously.
Date: Sunday 29th of July 2018
Course: To Be Confirmed
Race Times: To Be Confirmed
Cost: $58 per entry
Payment & Waivers Due: Friday 27th of July 2018 via the Online Entry Tax Invoice.
Entries: Now Open - Via the Interschools Online Entry System. School Coordinators will be responsible for entering competitors and payments. Entries may be limited, so enter early!
!! Please note: This is an individual event only. Schools will submit entries as teams, but participants will be competing as individuals on the day.
Entries Close: Thursday 26th July 2018
Bib Collection: Bib Collection will be on the morning of the event. Times to be confirmed.
Results: Results will be available on the NSW Interschools website after the event.
Helmets: Helmet use is mandatory for all participants (including adults) whilst on course for inspection and competition. Any participants who arrive at the top of course without a helmet will not be allowed to participate
Tickets: Participants must have a valid Lift Ticket for the day of the event. No discount tickets will be available.
Contact: Daniel Bosco: firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER AMASDF EVENTS
- Amelia McGuiness XC Sprints– Sunday 19th of August
- The Amelia McGuiness Alpine & Snowboard GS Time Trial – Monday 20th of August
Entries to open early August for these events.
The Amelia McGuiness Australian Snowsports Development Foundation Participation Award
The Amelia McGuiness Australian Snowsports Development Foundation is excited to announce the inaugural Amelia McGuiness Foundation Participation Trophy.
The Amelia McGuiness Australian Snowsports Development Foundation Participation Trophy will be awarded to the Primary School and Secondary School with the highest overall entries across all three Amelia McGuiness Foundation Events.
The criteria for the AMASDF Award is as follows:
- One award will be awarded to a Primary School and a Secondary School
- To be eligible for this award, schools must participate in all three events being;
- Amelia McGuiness NSW Junior Moguls Series
- Amelia McGuiness Cross Country Sprints
- Amelia McGuiness Alpine & Snowboard GS Time Trial – The two disciplines in this event is classified as the one event. Participants will not be counted twice for entering both Alpine and Snowboard GS.
- The primary and secondary school with the most participant entries across all 3 events will be awarded as the overall winner.
The Amelia McGuiness Foundation Participation Trophy will be awarded with the Primary and Secondary NSW State Interschools Championship Trophy.
The Amelia McGuiness Australian Snowsports Development Foundation (AMASDF) was established in memory of Amelia McGuiness who tragically died in a skiing accident in 2009.
All monies raised are distributed to our emerging athletes via the Amelia McGuiness Scholarship, which opens in early October each year. This scholarship is dedicated to providing practical support (for equipment, training, and resources), to up-and-coming winter snowsports athletes from the age of 10 to 18 years old, across all disciplines including disabled snowsports. The foundation has distributed $181 960 in funds to emerging athletes since 2010.
CLICK HERE to view the New Interschools Promotional Video.
The Interschools Rules of Racing have been updated for the 2018 season. The changes are highlighted in blue bold print.
Here is a list of Rule Changes for 2018:
- 1.8 - Entry fees increased from $45 per event, per competitor to $47. $30 registration fee remains the same. For individuals that do not compete at the Regional level and join for the first time at the NSW State Champs (XC or Slopestyle events) the school will be invoiced their registration fees.
- 1.4 - All volunteers must be 19 years or older and cannot be enrolled at school (High School, College)
- 1.10 - If payment for entry fees is not received by NSW Interschools prior to bib collection, a purchase order from the school must be provided.
- 1.14 - School students from all ability levels are encouraged to enter, with an emphasis on fun and participation in the initial Regional Championships. As the competitions move into the NSW State and Australian event, the level of competition and the degree of difficulty increases. It is advised that all competitors must be able to execute linked turns and ride a chairlift/T-bar confidently, prior to competing in Regional Level events.
- 2.13 – Concussion must be taken seriously to safeguard the long-term welfare of all competitors. All cases of concussion must be reported to the NSW & ACT Interschools Committee immediately. Competitors suspected of concussion must be removed from snow and may not resume competition on the same day. Any competitor suspected of concussion must be thoroughly assessed and monitored by a healthcare professional. Competitors with concussion must progress through a Graded Return to Sports (GRTS) protocol. Competitors must receive medical clearance before returning to sport. For further information, please refer to the Ski & Snowboard Australia concussion Policy and Guidelines. https://www.skiandsnowboard.org.au/resources/concussion-guidelines/
- 5.12 – No race bibs are to be discarded on course or on the mountain. If race bibs are found, they can be identified, and those competitors will be asked to donate $50 to the Kosciuszko National Parks & Wildlife Service.
- 7.14 – From the State Slopestyle Championships, up to the top fifteen individual competitors from Division’s 1-3, having received a minimum acceptable score, will be eligible to compete in the Australian Interschools Championships. There are no team invites. For State Slopestyle competitors a minimum acceptable score (for National Championship progression) will be determined by the Interschools Committee following completion of each event, and before invitations are extended to the National level of competition. Historically this has been a score which is a minimum 45% of the total attainable score (45/100) and is often as high as 55% of the total attainable score (55/100). The minimum progression score determined by the Interschools Committee reflects the Championship Division level (competitor age), the course conditions, and the skill-level and quality of the athlete field. No National Championship points will be awarded to Slopestyle event results and only individual medals will be awarded at the National Event.
- 8.2 – Volunteers who fail to check in at the event registration desk or fail to report to the top of the course after checking into the registration desk, the school will be penalised $110 per official.
- 8.11 – Interschools requests that Gate judges are not accompanied by smaller children whilst on course.
- All competitors must wear an approved snowsports helmet. Other protective wear is recommended but is not compulsory.
- Alpine Race Suits are permitted in Divisions 1 – 5 only. No Race Suits are permitted in Division 6
- Competitors must wear either a snowsports jacket and pants, or soft-shell jacket and pants, unless competitors are wearing a race suit, when competing in their timed runs. Outerwear such as hoodies, long sleeve shirts, school jerseys and track-suit pants will not be permitted on-course when competing and/or training. This rule is being introduced for course and competitor safety reasons, and is in-line with NSW Department of Education school snowsports clothing guidelines. Failure to wear the correct and approved race clothing will lead to removal from the event and the event result.
Please familiarise yourself with the Rules of Racing before your competition.
Following a review of our Interschools Rules of Racing, in our upcoming 2018 events it will be compulsory for all competitors to wear either a snowsports jacket or soft shell jacket in all disciplines (except cross country), unless competitors are wearing a race suit in disciplines that allow race suits (Alpine Divisions 1-5 and Snowboard GS Divisions 1-5).
Outerwear such as hoodies, long sleeve shirts and school jerseys will not be permitted on-course when competing. As always, we encourage the wearing of school jerseys and school colours at the Presentation Award Ceremonies.
This rule is being introduced for course and competitor safety reasons, and is in-line with NSW Department of Education school snowsports clothing guidelines.
The full 2018 Rules of Racing will be available on the Interschool’s website in April.
The Interschools Handbook has been updated for 2018. The handbook includes helpful information on what to expect at Interschools events, and information for school coordinators, volunteers, team managers and parents.
There are some important updates that we would like to highlight for 2018:
Race entry fees are $47 per race, per competitor at each Championships. The annual once-only registration fee remains at $30 per participant and is invoiced and paid at the ACT-Southern NSW Interschools Championships. For individuals that compete for the first time in the season at the NSW State Championships (in cross country or slopestyle), the school will be invoiced for their registration fees after the event.
- Volunteer Course Officials must be 19 years or older. Birth dates are now verified on the volunteer waiver form.
The confirmed Interschools dates for 2018 are:
- ACT/ Southern NSW Interschools Championships – Perisher - Wednesday 25th to Friday 27th July
- ACT Citizens Race - Perisher - Sunday 12th August
- NSW/ACT/QLD Cross Country Interschools Championships - Perisher - Wednesday 22nd August
- NSW/ACT/QLD Slopestyle Interschools Championships - Thredbo - Wednesday 22nd August
- ACT Schools Cup - Perisher - Sunday 2nd September
- Australian Interschools Championships - Perisher - Wednesday 5th to Sunday 9th September
CLICK HERE for the Draft Event Schedule outling the days the disciplines are on for the ACT-Southern NSW Interschools Championships.