The objective of the Perisher Scholarship Program is to provide opportunities for ACT aspiring winter athletes across all snow sport disciplines to achieve their goals through either the provision of a 2018 season pass or winter sports club training.
The support offered through scholarships gives athletes the opportunity to maintain a determined focus on their goals, to achieve their dreams and enable them to further their ambitions.
ACT Athletes from 10 to 18 years of age are eligible to apply for assistance for the program, and support is awarded to deserving applicants who best demonstrate aspirations to further their development.
Scholarships will be in the format of Perisher products and services. Types of Scholarships offered;
- Perisher Season Pass
- Winter Sports Club Race Training
Athlete Selection Criteria
Athlete must be an ACT resident and/or attend an ACT school.
- Athlete must be aged 10 to 18 years at the time of application.
- Athlete must have participated in an Interschools event in the year the application is submitted.
- Athlete must have a previous snowsports competition history in their chosen discipline, and show aspirations of developing further (minimum 2 years of competition experience).
- Athlete must specifically detail their request for the type of scholarship (as above).
Applications must be submitted online by October 16, 2017.
A selection committee of SnowSports ACT will select the successful athletes. The successful applicants will be notified by October 18 and presented their scholarships at the Annual SnowSports ACT presentation night on Friday October 27.